Accidentally Gluten Free Food in Aldi & Lidl
This guide includes gluten free “normal” aisle finds in ALDI & LIDL
I’ve only included the bits that would be *easy to miss* they definitely don’t sound like they’d be gluten free!! For example, would you ever pick up Sainsbury’s normal aisle Crispy Beef?!! Now you will 😉
Want to know what the other supermarkets have to offer? Blog posts in progress… watch this space
As always, please check the ingredients yourself too. This is accurate at the time of writing but recipes change!! ESPECIALLY important with Lidl & Aldi crisps as they seem to change the ingredients every other day.
If you want to see the *complete list* of accidentally gluten free products at each of the supermarkets, click the names below.
Fresh Meat and Fish
- Sausage Patties
- Tempura Fish Goujons
- Tempura Chicken
- Garlic and Herb Pork Schnitzel
- Breaded ham
- Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry (gluten free soy sauce!!)
- “One Pot” hotpots (big range – selection below)
- Taco Dinner Kit
- Pesto Gnocchi
- Sweet Potato Burgers
- Huge Range of Pakoras – chicken, veg and onion
- Onion & Sweet Potato Bhajis, With Rice
- Plant Menu Coronation Chickpea Curry With Rice
- Inspired Cuisine Green Thai Inspired Chicken Curry
- Inspired Cuisine Jerk Chicken and Peri Peri Bowl
- Inspired Cuisine *AND* Specially Selected Korma, Chicken Jalfrezi, Tikka or Beef Madras With Pilau Rice
- Inspired Cuisine Cottage Pie
- Inspired Cuisine Paella
- Inspired Cuisine Chilli Beef
- Specially Selected Paella
- Specially Selected Patatas Bravas
- Breakfast Hash Browns
- Cauliflower Cheese
- Oakhurst Beef Ribs In Red Wine Gravy
- Chocolate Truffles (like lindt red truffle balls)
- Choc’ums (like smarties, but gluten free!)
- Lees Snowballs
- Tons of Crisps – from bacon rashers to cheese puffs – they have a tendency to change the ingredients for these so be careful!
Ok so this seems to be harder to find online pics and I haven’t got a good Lidl near me!!!
You guys tell me they have (thank you!):
- BBQ ribs,
- chicken drumsticks,
- breaded ham
- cheese/potato croquettes (fresh only, not the freezer ones),
- some of the sushi,
- some of the vegan pizzas in the freezer,
- frozen hash brown waffles
They also have two flavours of gnocchi:
- Similar crisp range to Aldi – they have a tendency to change the ingredients for these so be careful!
- 3 types – cashew & blueberry, brazil & sultana, dark choc & peanut butter
30th September 2020 at 12:25 pm
Love all the latest information on gluten free products
Having problems getting gluten free garlic bread baguette style alot of places not re stocking always used to get from asda
Have you any ideas on where to get any from?
2nd October 2020 at 10:20 am
Hey! Thanks so much for you comment. I’d actually recommend trying Iceland if you’re ever walking past 🙂 Its gluten, dairy free and delish!!
15th February 2023 at 5:18 pm
Hi, just a little heads up. Aldi ‘pringles’ carried a May Contain for about 4 yrs now.
All chocUms carried a May Contain for about 11 months.
I know it’s hard to keep on top of your page, but maybe delete them ASAP & hunt for new accidentals when you have time xxx
15th February 2023 at 5:44 pm
Hey lovely – thanks for letting me know. Actually on the Pringles, they change the ingredients quite regularly… right now my local Aldi isn’t a May contain ? it’s so annoying that they can do that I know!!! Especially without adding an “allergy update” sticker or something. Anyway, just letting you know so you don’t rule them out all together … def worth checking regularly:) it’s the same with virtually all of their “copy” crisps like the monster munch. I have written a note at the top of the page but I’ll add another one at the bottom
Thanks again xx