Gluten Free Sticky Toffee Granola
Desserts are EVERYTHING, right?! Haha I will use every opportunity I can to turn my breakfast into a dessert… cue Sticky Toffee Granola!!!
The main caramel, sticky element of a sticky toffee pudding is actually just dates. So, if you take the dates, turn some into a natural caramel sauce and chop some through a mixture of organic nuts and all sorts of yummy things, you can make the tasiest, Sticky Toffee tasting granola!!!
Granola is an seriously adaptable recipe. In the ingredients below, I’ve included my fave combination of nuts, oil and syrup but feel free to shake it up to match your own preferences.
Example of some possible substitutions:
- Maple Syrup – you could swap for Agave syrup or honey
- Nuts – use roughly the same total weight as the nuts in the ingredients below, but you could swap the Crazy Jack Hazelnuts for Sunflower seeds, Ground Almonds for Flaked or simply chuck in some Brazil nuts if that’s what takes your fancy 🙂
- Oil – I like melted coconut oil but sunflower oil or olive oil will work just fine too
The one thing I wouldn’t swap is the dates! Well you can … but if you get rid of that bit, you’re not making a Gluten Free Sticky Toffee Granola 😉
Crazy Jack Organic
I approached these guys to ask if they’d like to collaborate on this recipe because, in my opinion, they are the best. I think this line from their “About Us” sums up why…
We started with a liking for sandals, tie-dyed T-shirts and a belief that food should only be grown as nature intended. Convinced that there must be people who think the same way, we set out to find them. Some people called us crazy but that didn’t stop us
Crazy Jack have a whole range of organic nuts, seeds, fruits, pulses and more. I LOVE they way their packaging talks about how the nuts are grown – it gives me full confidence in that I’m eating something that has been grown with love, is full of goodness and contains no nasties.
You can find the Crazy Jack range in all major supermarkets including ASDA, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Ocado.
Want to make Gluten Free Sticky Toffee Granola Bear too?
This little guy is so cute!! Just press the uncooked granola round the outside of a cupcake cake, leaving a hole in the middle. Cook for 20 mins (same as the rest of the granola). Fill with yoghurt and top with banana & berries for the eyes!
Gluten Free Sticky Toffee Granola
- 180 grams rolled jumbo oats
- 60 grams Crazy Jack hazelnuts
- 210 grams Crazy Jack walnuts
- 30 grams Crazy Jack ground almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 200 ml milk/mylk
- 130 grams Crazy Jack dried, pitted dates
- Pre-heat your oven to 125oC
- If you dates are hard (not easy to squish in your fingers), place them in a bowl and cover with hot water for 10-15mins. Drain.
- Place the dates (just the 130g of 'date caramel' ones) and milk/mylk into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place all of the ingredients, except the "Date Caramel" into a bowl and mix together.
- Add all of your date caramel and mix that in too>Or if you'd like, hold back a little bit a drizzle on your granola later!
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray. Scatter the granola ontop.>Tip: if you like your granola to have clumps, leave some of the pieces together (ie. don't spread it out evenly!)>Depending on the size of your baking tray, you might need to spread to mix across 2 baking trays
- Place the baking tray into the oven for 20-25 mins. Shake the tray half way. >When you shake the tray, if you like to have your granola in clumps, press some of the mix down with the back of a spoon so it sticks together 🙂
- Remove from the oven and set aside for at least 30 mins to cool and crunch up before eating