Whenever I ask what people would like to see more of on my Instagram, its ALWAYS healthy snacks. Not fruit, nuts or cereal bars but also not chocolate, crisps and muffins. So here’s lots of ideas!
P.S. I know the word “healthy” can be controversial, but I’m not sure what other word to use…open to suggestions!!!
10 SAVOURY IDEAS:
- Savoury Muffins – all cravings will be satisfied. Cheesy yet sweet. Click here for my recipe.
- Scotch Eggs – click here for my recipe
- Pizza Puff Wheels – I use jus-rol gf pastry (can also buy Asda own) with this recipe click here. Also added some dairy free pesto (but not too much otherwise the oil in the pesto stops them puffing)
- Homemade tortilla chips – loads of recipes online. I used the pink fibre fest Genius wraps.
- Roasted chickpeas and butternut – I can eat these like sweets. Loads of recipes for roasted chickpeas online – I add small cubes of butternut & cook at the same time (partly because I cant go a day without the stuff and partly because its lower fodmap).
- Homemade Veg Crisps – Use a peeler to grate thin strips of pretty much any veg – I love sweet potato, parsnip and carrots. Pat dry with kitchen roll, spread over a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray with frylight. Scatter with salt (and herbs/paprika/chilli/any flavourings you fancy!). Bake for around 8 mins at 160Oc or until they start to brown. Leave to cool until they crisp up and enjoy!!!
- Sausages – whenever I’m cooking a fry-up, I always cook an extra sausage or two, chop them up and stick them in the fridge for the moments where I find myself stood, gazing into the fridge.
- Chicken Satay Strips – same as the sausages! This BBC recipe is my fav click here
- Red Pepper Hummus: For your sausages, veggie crisps, satay strips or whatever else your munching on! Can be frozen so you have them ready for whenever you need to snack. Or by the spoon 😉 click here.
- Avo & Pea Dip: blend 1 avocado and 1 handful of frozen peas with a sprinkle of chilli flakes
Other options not in the pic – egg muffins, pinwheel wraps, slice of leftover frittata, raw carrot/pepper/veg with my dips, babybels (lactose free)