3 Dessert Inspired Overnight Rice Flakes
Which one are you having? Apple Crumble, Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake or Banana Bread????
No sugar or nasties in sight. Just rice flakes, milk/yoghurt and natural flavourings like mashed bananas, cinnamon and a squeeze of lemon etc.
Lets talk about Rice Flakes:
After I was diagnosed with coeliac disease, I also found out I was intolerant to oats so I started looking for a substitute…hello Delicious Alchemy Rice Flakes!!
You can basically use them the same way as you use oats but lots of IBS sufferers find them much more tummy friendly and easier to digest.
And Overnight Rice Flakes:
All the recipes below use a slightly different quantity of rice flakes to liquid but play around with it & adapt to your taste! Milk makes a more traditional “overnight oats” style consistency. Yogurt creats a thicker, creamier texture so its ideal for something like the banana bread recipe.
You need to leave them for at least 2 hours in the fridge, or overnight is possible.
1: Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble Overnight Rice Flakes
- 25 grams Delicious Alchemy rice flakes
- 75 ml mylk/milk
- Sprinkle of GF Muesli/Oats
- 1 apple
- Small box of raisins
- 3 walnuts
- 1 tsp maple syrup/honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cut an apple into cubes.
- Place into a pan with the muesli, handful of raisins and crushed walnuts.
- Add approx 60ml (4 tbps) of water, the maple syrup & cinnamon and heat to a medium temperature for 3 mins (so the fruit starts to soften and the liquid has all but disappeared). Leave to cool slightly for 5 mins.
- Place the mixture into the bottom of your jar and push it down with a spoon. The jar should be just over half full. If you've got a little too much fruit for the size of your jar, set it aside and you can add it to the top in the morning!
- Measure out the milk in a jug. Add the rice flakes to the jug and stir. Pour the mixture into your jar.
- Seal & leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge, add the extra apple mixture if you saved any and eat!!!
2: Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake
Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Rice Flakes
- 30 grams Delicious Alchemy Rice Flakes
- 1 pot lemon flavoured yoghurt – approx 150g
- 40 ml milk/mylk – any flavour you like!
- Handful blueberries
- 2 gluten free digestive biscuits
- Some grated lemon peel if you're feeling fancy!
- Break up the biscuits into the bottom of your jar. Use the end of a rolling pin to crush them up & pack into the bottom.
- Add a handful of blueberries.
- In a mug, mix together the yoghurt, milk and rice flakes.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture into the jar.
- Leave to thicken in the fridge overnight.
3: Banana Bread
Banana Bread Overnight Rice Flakes
- 25 grams rice flakes
- 150 ml yoghurt – (weighs approx 100g too if thats easier to measure)
- 30 ml milk/mylk – any flavour you like!
- 1 banana
- Handful nuts – I like pecans and walnuts
- Squeeze of honey
- Mash half a banana in the bottom of your jar
- Add a layer of nuts and a squeeze of honey.
- In a separate mug, mash the other half of the banana. Add the rice flakes, milk & yoghurt. Mix together.
- Pour the mixture into the jar. Leave to thicken in the fridge overnight.
Heres their website: www.deliciousalchemy.com. You can also find a range of gluten free breakfast essentials and baking mixes on there. If the museli is anything to go by, you’ll be onto a winner!