Soft Bake Breakfast Biscuits
Just 5 basic ingredients and you’ve got yourself some breakfast cookies, packed with slow release energy to keep you full up all morning. No sugar or other nasties. Also gluten free, dairy free and high in fibre.
And did I mention…you get to eat cookies for breakfast!!!! Can’t go wrong!!!
- bowl & spoon
- baking tray
- blender/smoothie maker
- optional but helpful – cookie cutter/egg ring/something circular!
And these ingredients…
Soft Bake Blender Biscuits
- 320 grams Delicious Alchemy Museli
- 4 tbsp maple syrup/golden syrup/honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp oil
- Currants/Extra dried fruit & nuts - – optional
- Take 120g of muesli. Blend in a smoothie maker until it’s a fine powder, like flour. Takes 20-30 seconds.
- Add the maple syrup, baking powder, oil & eggs and blend again until smooth. Approx 20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Mix in the rest of the muesli with a spoon. Leave to sit for 5-10 mins (so the muesli can start to absorb some of the liquid).
- Whilst that is sitting, preheat your oven to 180oC.
- Place a sheet of baking paper onto a baking tray.
- Take 1 tbsp of the mixture and place onto the tray. Use a spoon/your fingers to spread into a circle shape, around 1cm thick. >Tip: To get even circles, you can put a tbsp of mixture into a cookie cutter and use the back of a spoon to even it out.
- Add extra dried fruit/nuts to the tops if you wish.
- Bake for 15mins or until browning around the edges and the middles turn golden. If you like a crunchier biscuit, leave them in for a little longer!
- Leave to cool on the tray for 5 mins before moving them as they’ll be very soft at first.