Cinnamon Sugar, Gluten and Dairy Free French Toast
Well well well, what do we have here! 2 pieces of fluffy gluten free french toast, coated in a sweet cinnamon sugar, sandwiched together with fresh strawberries & melted hazelnut chocolate spread. HEAVEN!
BFree Museli Morning Rounds:
My choice of “bread” in this recipe. The rounds are already packed with cranberries & raisins which compliment it perfectly and… the most important bit… once dipped in egg, pan fried & coated in cinnamon sugar, they seriously remind me of cinnamon sugar doughnuts. And you can’t go wrong with doughnuts for breakfast can you?!!
Also good to know that whilst this brekkie may be slightly naughty, you are getting a decent amount of fibre at 6.5g per round. They contain no refined sugar, are gluten and dairy free and also suitable for vegans.
Winner, winner, Bfree breakfast!!! Hmm… not sure that’s got the same ring to it as the usual saying but trust me, they’ve nailed it with these rounds.
Cinnamon Sugar French Toast
- 1 Bfree Museli Morning Round
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp mylk of your choice
- 20 grams sugar – I went for golden caster sugar but use whatever you have in the cupboard
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- As many strawberries as you'd like
- Generous helping of you're fav choc spread (at least 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Cut the Bfree Morning Round into half.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, mylk and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat a pan to a medium temperature & spray with oil/add a little butter.
- Place each of the Bfree halves into the egg mix for 10 seconds on each side. Set aside.
- Place each of the halves into the pan and fry on the first side for 2 mins, until its just starting to brown. Flip for an additional 1 min. Stand on its flat edge and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the pan and quickly dip into the sugar bowl, making sure its thoroughly coated.
- Whilst its still hot, add a tbsp of chocolate spread to each of the halves. Add a layer of strawberries and sandwich together if you wish!
This is a paid collaboration with Bfree but all the views, recipes and photos are my own!