Where was my Neapolitan American Pancakes idea born? Well, pancakes are my fav brekkie… so naturally, when I was wandering around Tesco the other day, I was day dreaming about a big fluffy stack of american pancakes, drizzled in chocolate sauce!
I was awoken from my daydreams by some yummy looking strawberry & chocolate Alpro milk and it got my brain going!! Spent about 5 seconds wondering what I could do with it & pancakes came back into my mind…et voila.
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, my Neapolitan American Pancakes!!! Just like the ice cream from my childhood.
Totally GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE!
What other pancake recipes have you got Jess?
- My Ultimate Gluten Free American Pancakes – like these but bigger and fluffier. Perfect for a lazy Sunday brunch.
- The Extra Healthy ones – same as the above just a lot less flour. Could even use oats instead. More of an “every day” pancake. Slightly different cooking method so check out the recipe!
- Sweet Omelette – basically a flourless pancake and a breakfast staple in my house. No bananas involved! (unless you’d like them as a topping).
- “Pepperoni Pizza” Pancake – toppings are all sweet based, but made to look like a pizza. Don’t ask, just look and have a laugh at my weirdness haha
- 90 grams gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 ml milk/mylk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar/any sugar you have
- Same as the above but use 100ml Alpro strawberry milk
- Same as the above but use 100ml Alpro chocolate milk
- Add the flour, baking powder and sugar to a bowl. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg and milk. Mix together.
- Mix both of the bowls together, until fully incorporated (keep whisking until there are no lumps of flour left – takes about 30 secs with a fork). Tip the mix into a jug so its easy to pour.
- Add a tsp of oil to a frying pan and heat to a medium temp.At the correct temperature, the pancakes should slightly sizzle when you pour the mix in. You could test with a tiny bit of the batter!
- Pour some of the pancake mix into the pan (about 3 tbsp worth). it will seem very thick but that’s good – it means you’ll have big chunky pancakes!! Leave until bubbles start to form on the top and then flip. Takes about 1-2mins on the underside and then 1 min once flipped.
- Place the pancake on a cooling rack and then repeat for all your pancakes!
Strawberry and Chocolate
- Repeat the instructions above for both of the other flavours. Top with chocolate sauce and strawberries if you fancy!