Pancake Day is fast approaching and I wanted to do something a little different this year!!
I’ve made a “Pepperoni & Meat Feast pizza with a BBQ Dipping Sauce” … aka a Strawberry & White Chocolate Pancake with a Chocolate Dipping Sauce.
Want to have a go? Hasn’t got to look like a real pizza. Heres some other ideas to get you going: Fruit gems for sweetcorn? Fresh pieces of pineapple? Jelly sweet mushrooms? Custard for the cheese? What is your pizza pancake going to look like?!!! Send me a pic – I’d love to see what you come up with!
For this, I used the batter from my “Ultimate Fluffy American Pancake” recipe!
‘Pepperoni Pizza’ Pancake
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 150 grams White Chocolate
- 1 punnet Fresh Strawberries – can also use a tin (drained)
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 4 Mint Leaves
- 1 Nakd Bar – cocoa orange works best
- 1 Fruit Winder – I used yo-yo as they’re no added sugar etc
- 2 portions of American Style Pancake Batter – I recommend my “Ultimate Fluffy Pancakes”
- Make the pancake batter.
- Brush a large frying pan with oil so that it is coated entirely. Heat it to a medium temperature 6 out of 9 for me – you want to cook it low and slow to make it easier to work with!
- Pour the mix into the pan to create a giant pancake (approx 0.75-1cm thick). Wait until bubbles start to appear on the surface (takes 3-5mins) and shake the pan to loosen the pancake.
- Very carefully flip and cook again for 2-3mins.Flipping can be a little difficult – I would not suggest flipping in the air! If it breaks into two, don’t worry… just quickly continue to flip and then push it back together in the pan. Because its not cooked through yet, it’ll bind back together easily!
TOPPINGS (apply in this order)
- TOMATO SAUCE – blend the strawberries with 2 tbsp of jam. If it’s a little pale, you could add some red food colouring. Leave it slightly chunky. Spread a thin layer over the pancake and grill for 2 mins until it starts to bubble.
- CHEESE – grate 100g of white chocolate. Sprinkle generously over the pancake and grill for 1-2 mins until the chocolate begins to brown like cooked cheese. Keep your eye on it as it catches quickly!
- PEPPERONI – place 1 fruit winder into the microwave for 10 seconds to soften. It will be very warm! Press into a ball, roll out until 2mm thick and cut out some circles and place onto the pizza. If you want them to look cooked/shining, add a little honey & spread over with your finger.
- MEAT – crumble a Nakd bar over the pizza
- HERBS – finely chop some mint leaves and sprinkle over the top.