Neapolitan Nice Cream: The BEST 3-ingredient recipe
You won’t believe this Neapolitan Nice Cream is just made of bananas, strawberries and chocolate spread. Like ice cream… but different! It is refreshing, healthy and the perfect way to use up any bananas that are just starting to turn.
Its such a simple recipe: freeze some chopped banana, blend and you’ve got yourself some ice cream. You can add any flavours you’d like! Neapolitan is my childhood fave so I had to give Neapolitan Nice Cream a go. Just look at this and tell me you don’t want a scoop…
The most common question I get: DOES IT TASTE OF BANANA?
The plain banana flavour does (obviously!) but the chocolate and strawberry ones don’t at all, so if banana isn’t for you, whack in plenty of extra flavourings and you’ll still love it!
Other Nice Cream flavour inspiration
Make your frozen banana base and add any of the flavours below for something a bit different! Aside from the first two, all of the flavours below are great if you don’t like banana as the other bits completely mask the taste 🙂
- Banana, Honey and Walnut: Just swirl in some honey and roughly chopped walnuts – after Neapolitan, this is my fave!!
- Choc Banana Ripple: Swirl in some chocolate sauce and choc chips
- Mango: Add frozen mango to the banana base – you can barely taste the banana and you get a deliciousy fruity mango smoothie!
- Mint Choc Chip: Blend some fresh mint and green food colouring into the frozen banana. Stir in some choc chips
- Mocha: Add some coffee granules (if your coffee isn’t a fine powder, dissolve it in a tiny bit of water, wait for it to cool and then add), and some cocoa powder/choc sauce
Right, lets get cracking with that “recipe” (not sure I can call it a recipe, its super duper extra easy!!!). I’ve made it look like a semi-lengthy recipe for something that is SO easy but that’s because I’ve included 10334534 top tips along the way, as always 😉
The BEST 3-ingredient *Neapolitan Nice Cream*
- 550 g bananas (weight without skins) - its roughly 5 bananas but don't worry if you have a bit more or less
- 6 frozen strawberries
- 3 tbsp chocolate sauce/spread
- Take all of the bananas and cut into quarters – rough is fine
- Place into the freezer and leave for at least an hour to freeze! Overnight is best if possible.
- Place 1/3 of the bananas into a blender and blend until smooth>If the blender is struggling, add a tiny dash of milk and then blend to see if that helps. If not, add a tiny bit more milk and blend again. Add as little milk as possible, otherwise it doesn't freeze well!
- Pour the mix into a container and place it into the freezer for 15 mins to firm up. Once frozen and easy to mould, push the mix to the side of the container (so it fills 1/3) and then move onto the next step.
- Place another 1/3 of the bananas with the strawberries into a blender and blend until smooth>Same process with the milk!
- Pour the mix into a container and place it into the freezer for 15 mins to firm up. Once frozen and easy to mould, push the mix so it fills up another 1/3 of the container and then move onto the next step.
- Place the final 1/3 of bananas and chocolate spread/sauce into the blender and blend until smooth>Same process with the milk
- Pour the mix into a container and place it into the freezer for 15 mins to firm up. Once frozen and easy to mould, push the mix so it fills up the final 1/3 of the container and then move onto the next step.
- Place the container into the freezer until your ready to eat!