ASDA: Gluten Free Christmas Products 2022
Here’s a selection of all the gluten free goodies I’ve found in Asda’s Christmas range this year! Its broken into 4:
- 1) “Normal Aisle” savoury
- 2) “Normal Aisle” sweet
- 3) Gluten Free Aisle savoury
- 4) Gluten Free Aisle sweet
Hope there’s some yummy new finds in here for you!!
BONUS: AT THE BOTTOM, you’ll see two extra sections for 2022. 1) “Things you don’t need in the free from aisle” – Asda Christmas food specific and 2) “Easy mistakes to make” – places you might not expect to contain gluten, but does. Asda specific too.
*As always, please check all of the ingredients labels for yourself incase something has changed. I’ve relied heavily on Asda’s website for ingredients info and sometimes they (or I!) make a mistake*
Changes from 2021
Every year, Asda seems to be the supermarket to bring out the most new stuff. From hash brown stars and a bag of mixed party food and Christmas flavoured cookies to ice cream. They’ve gone for a red and gold packaging this year, so even the products that are the same as previous years, they look a bit different.
There’s too much new stuff to share here and you’ll have to flick through the pictures below!
Normal Aisle Savoury Bits
Meat & Vegan Alternatives
Stuffing and Pigs in Blankets
*The pouches contain gluten, the tubs didn’t in 2021 but I haven’t seen them on the shelves yet so we need to double check these…
Sauces and Chutneys
Normal Aisle Sweet Stuff
Chocolate and Sweets
Free From Aisle Sweet Bits
Free From Aisle Savoury Bits
Easy Mistakes to Make
These are bits I found on their website that you might that would be gluten free, but are not! The ones you could easily gluten yourself on!!
- Turkey Joint – there’s a very similar box that doesn’t contain gluten but this one does!
- Pigs in Blankets – most of them are gluten free, these ones aren’t!
- Sprinkles – the snowflake ones contain wheat
- Reindeer/Santa Choc – both are a may contain
- Macaroons – a “may contain” this year
Things you don’t need in the free from aisle
*NEW FOR 2022 – some of the products are in the free from aisle because they are milk/egg/something else free, nothing to do with gluten. This is a list of similar products to those in the free from aisle of Tesco that you can buy in the “normal” aisle if you’re ‘just’ gluten free to save you a fortune.
- Free From Mozzarella sticks £13.33/kg -> swap for Normal Aisle, Fresh Mozzarella Sticks £11.46/kg I have no idea why these exist, when their normal aisle ones are gf too (both contain dairy).
- Gluten Free Extra Special Stuffing £13.33/kg for DRIED!-> roughly £8.50/kg for any of the fresh options below
- Free From Chocolate Coins £1.60/100g -> normal aisle chocolate coins 77p ish/100g
Want to see more supermarket Christmas products??
- Asda – updated for 2022
- Marks– updated for 2022
- Waitrose– updated for 2022
- Tesco– updated for 2022