Sainsbury’s: reasons to go!
Never go to Sainsburys? I didn’t used to either, but having seen so many great Sainsbury’s own products on Instagram, I thought I better go and check it out! The gluten free section was huge but I also found loads of bits hiding in the “normal” aisles.
I’ve included all my favourite finds below!
*All products are gluten free as of the Sept 2019 but always check when in store incase a recipe has changed.*
FROM THE “NORMAL” AISLES
0. CRISPY BEEF
Couldn’t find it anywhere to get a pic but heres the link! gluten, dairy free crispy beef… see it to believe it haha
1. LOVE YOUR VEG range – meatballs, sausages & burgers all mixed with veg and most of which are gluten & dairy free. Some yummy sounding flavours like Spicy Korean Beef Meatballs with edamame & Pak Choi
2. LAMB TAGINE with a fruity Moroccan sauce – the sort of thing you never pick up as it always has wheat in! How good does this sound!
4. MY GOODNESS – healthy ready meals, perfect for work too. Found the ‘Hot & Sour King Prawn Noodle Bowl’ and the ‘Chicken & Prawn Paella’ were both gluten & dairy free.
5. LEMON CHICKEN SAUCE – homemade Chinese, coming up
6. DELI FILLERS – thought these would be good for work? Sandwich or on a jacket potato?
8. ONION BHAJIS & CURRY SAUCES & Flavoured Poppadoms – he jars of sauce were 65p! How good is that!! Curry night coming up.
9. RICE CAKES – most of the rice cakes in their normal section are gf, including the flavoured ones which is rare!
10. CAKE FROSTING & DECORATIONS! They have one of the BEST ranges out there, from gf frostings to cake toppers and amazing cupcake cases ?
11. NORMAL AISLE PASTA – buckwheat – acquired taste but I’ve come to love it!
FROM THE GLUTEN FREE SECTION
1. READY MEALS – massive choice. the 3 newbies are in the pics below.
2. COCO POPS – 4 new products, including coco pops & honey loops. Yes please!
3. PROMISE range – only available in Sainsburys & therefore a very good reason to make the trip there alone. Loaves, finger rolls and brioches. Yum yum yum
4. WHITE CHOCOLATE – think I’m right in saying this is one of very few dairy free white choc bars. They even have buttons!! I’m a massive chocoholic so this is an amazing find for me!
5. ROCKY ROAD – tried these in Wholefoods and they are delicious so its really good to know I can get them from Sainsburys! Also egg free & vegan.
6. CAKE RANGE – couldn’t believe how many gf df cakes they had. This is only a small selection!
7. MACARONI – seeing a different shape pasta got me all excited haha
8. RICE PORRIDGE – great alternative to oats but can be difficult to hunt down so it’s great to know you can get it in Sainsburys!
9. WHOLE CREATIONS PIZZA (freezer) – haven’t seen this in any other supermarkets. Looks delicious & packed with toppings.
10. CLUSTERS!! So so so good
11. CHICKEN DIPPERS!! Like when you were little ?
12. GF DF STROOPWAFFLES!!!!
Hope there’s some new bits in there for you!