Gluten Free Pesto Pasta Buddha Bowl
You eat with your eyes, so its no wonder everyone loves a Buddha Bowl (basically a bowl of all sorts of bits and pieces - think of it as a mini picnic). Garofalo pasta has to be the centre piece. And when you've tried fresh Basil Pesto, you'll never buy it from the shop ever, ever again.
Servings: 1 person
- 20 g pine nuts
- Handful of basil (about 10 grams)
- 1 tbsp olive oil - the best you can get but sunflower oil will also be fine!
- Squeeze of lemon - just a little one!
- Sprinkle of Salt
- 1 portion of your fav Garofalo Gluten Free pasta
Optional Buddha Bowl Extras
- 2 sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1/2 tin sweetcorn
- Bit of lettuce & purple cabbage
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- Handful of chickpeas
- Sweet chilli drizzle
Construct your Buddha Bowl
Time to use up everything in the fridge! As the saying goes "you eat with your eyes" so spend some time making it pretty :)
Tip: roasted paprika chickpeas are amazing. Drain a can of chickpeas, rinse with water, sprinkle with paprika and place onto a baking tray at 180oC for 5-10 mins until slightly crunchy.