When you think mac and cheese, you think creamy, indulgent, comfort food, right? Well, here’s my healthier gf df version but it still ticks all of those boxes and more! I LOVE it.
It doesn’t include soaked cashews, nutritional yeast flakes or anything complicated. Just 4 basic ingredients. Now you can have it as an everyday staple like me!!
4 Ingredient Mac and Cheese
- 120 ml dairy-free milk
- 85 g dried macaroni I used Sainsbury’s
- 300 g peeled cubed butternut
- 40 g grated vegan cheese I like Asdas own mozzarella but any will do
- Salt, & Rosemary
- Bake half the butternut in the oven for 30mins at 180oC with a sprinkle of rosemary, salt and a tiny bit of oil/spray.
- After its been cooking for 15 mins, start prepare the following:>The sauce: boil the remaining butternut for approx. 10 mins until soft and drain. Tip the boiled butternut, cheese and milk into a smoothie maker and blend until smooth.>The pasta: Cook as per the instructions on the packet (usually 4-6mins in boiling water). Drain and set aside.
- Once the roasted butternut is cooked, mix everything together – the pasta, sauce and roasted butternut.
- Add salt and a generous pinch of your fav herbs (I think rosemary is best!). You could also add ham, cooked sausage, bacon or whatever you fancy at this stage.
- Put your mac and cheese in an oven proof dish. Optional: Add extra grated cheese & herbs on top.
- Place into the oven for 10mins, until it’s heated through and the cheese has melted.