Web definition of a ‘freakshake’: a milkshake overflowing with indulgence – from lashings of cream, to chocolate and caramel sauce, decadent chunks of brownie, nuts and the like.
So I’ve stuck with this definition… but I’ve made it gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. Don’t believe me? Here’s the recipe – Sweet Freedom is my secret ingredient 😉
Fully Loaded, Sugar Free Freakshake
- 1/4 ripe avocado – can use 50ml of thick coconut cream if you prefer
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom choc pot – or choc sauce of your choice
- 1/2 tbsp nut butter
- 250 ml almond milk – or any milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom choc shot – or choc sauce of your choice
Homemade Waffles (makes 2-3 so you’ll have plenty left for breakie and dessert!)
- Dry: 160g plain flour ,2 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp salt
- Wet: 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 250ml milk, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 50g sunflower oil
- 1 egg white
- Caramel popcorn
- Drizzle of Sweet Freedom fruit syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together until its smooth & creamy (I just use a spoon).
- Dip your glass into the chocolate frosting to coat top edge.
- Pour 250ml of almond milk (or any milk of your choice) into the glass.
- Squeeze roughly 2 tbsp of your fav choc shot into the milk. For extra indulgence, add a scoop of frozen yoghurt too.
- Mix it up! I use a small balloon whisk but a fork/electric whisk/smoothie maker will work perfectly too.
- Sift the dry ingredients into one bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl (only roughly – I just use a spoon)
- Whisk together the wet & dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks & then fold into the batter
- Pour into a waffle maker & cook for around 10mins or until brown.